Friendly Complications

One (or should I say the only) advantage (most of the cases) of growing up is you become more wise. A simple explanation follows. You see more of life. You run into more people, fall into situations, learn about different perspectives and understand 'it' better.

But that doesn't stop the past bothering you. The decisions you have made when you were not as wise as today would haunt you. It takes a lot of effort to get rid of them. Even if you did, the guilt make s sure it built itself a tent in your backyard.



According to social media, a lot of stats show that the older the friendship the longer it lasts. I don't quite agree with it. I am evolving everyday and people I chose to be friends with in the later stage of my life are more compatible with the new me than the one's I was dear to a decade back. It surprises me enough to see the difference I brought in myself without acknowledging it. But thanks to the reminders (my old friends) I now know how much I changed.

Though I vouch for everything I wrote in my previous lines I also see pro's in hanging with your old buddies. In (hopefully) majority of cases the realization of how stupid you were as a kid showers upon you which in my case is the origin of endless laughter ;) Sometimes if you are lucky enough, you have earned a friend or two with whom you never need to be a grown-up!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy or Girl?

Questioning the norms

Da 'maa' : The stranger who loved me for over 2 decades